Smith, Brown & Groover, Inc. (SBG) is a broker-dealer and member of FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, Inc.) and acts as the introducing broker-dealer for your account. Your assets typically are held by one or more firms (unless you only buy stocks and hold your own certificates). FINRA Rule 3510 requires each member firm to create and maintain a business continuity plan (BCP). In accordance with this rule SBG has developed a plan to ensure that business continues to run uninterrupted during business emergencies.
The plan is designed to address key areas that include but not limited to the following:
- Data back-up and recovery
- Mission critical systems
- Financial and operational assessments
- Alternate communications between customers and the member
- Alternate communications between the member and its employees
- Alternate physical location of employees
- Critical business constituents, banks, and counter-party impact
- Regulatory reporting
- Communications with regulators
- Ensuring customers’ prompt access to their funds and securities in the event that the member determines that it is unable to continue its business.
Events resulting in business disruption vary in nature and scope. They include weather related events, events that may affect our building, our business district or the entire Macon, Middle Georgia or statewide / regional areas. SBG fully intends to continue to conduct its securities business and resume operations as quickly as possible whenever these events occur.
In the event that we are unable to conduct business at our Vineville office, we will relocate employees and critical information systems to an alternate Macon location or locations. Depending on the nature of the interruption, we may temporarily direct clients to contact custodians of their monies or securities by using the phone numbers that are listed on most statements or confirmations that they receive, or we may post specific alternate numbers.
We also wish to advise you that the nature of business disruptions are diverse, and our plans to deal with them are subject to updates and refinements as conditions and technology solutions evolve. We will post updates when appropriate via this website.